Fyrskib nr. XI


- active lightship from 1878 until 1977 -


 

Technical Data

Length: 35,18 m

Beam: 5,81 m
Draught: 3,30 m
Year of construction: 1878
Shipyard: F. Sparre in Nysted, Lolland, Denmark
Price: 174.298,- Danish Kroner
Material: oak with copper under the waterline
Elevation: 10 m
Range: 11 sm
Engine: none

History

1878-1882

Horns Rev station

1884

Kobbergrund station

1890-1903

Gedser Rev station

1904-1911

Anholt Knob station

1911-1916

Læsø Rende station

1916-1918

Gilleleje Falk N station

1919-1977

Drogden station

1977



decommissioned after 99 years on duty and sold to the artist Bo Bonfils and his wife Jane Reumert from Copenhagen for the price of 201.878,11 Danish Kroner. This price was made up from 20,000 Danish Kroner for the lightship, plus the year of construction (1878) and the number of the lightship (no. 11). The new owner was surprised, when he took over the lightship and the light and the ships name, made of valuable bronze letters, had been removed. If lightships in Denmark after decommission are sold to private owners the Danish Lighthouse Society normally removes this things, so that the shipping could not be confused. But he got everything back and removed the engines to use the lightship as a houseboat.

1988


Mr. Bonfils spent 1 milllion Danish Kroner to give the lightship a superstructure, which he used as gallery and studio

1994


sold to the new owner Niels Olaf Ehrenskiöld from the GORI-group, but the lightship stayed there just for a short time

1995-1999
Mr. Thorkild Rose and his wife used the lightship as a houseboat during the summer month

July 22nd, 1999


A Swiss/Danish couple, Mr. and Mrs. Spalinger, bought the lightship and used it as a houseboat in the Frederiksholm Canal in Copenhagen. The lightship is one of the best preserved lighthsips in Denmark and may be worth some one million Danish Kroner

May 25th, 2005
the new owner of the lightship is Stig Romain Andresen - congratulations!